The Office for Institutional Effectiveness is implementing the College’s Strategic Plan by assisting unit heads with the development of comprehensive program reviews which align with the College’s short and long term goals. The process was formerly known as “tactical planning” during the 2009-2012 planning cycle, and has since been renamed “comprehensive program review.”
This section of the website will be migrated to a forthcoming page maintained by the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs on the Ohana website.
Program Review – Official Policies
The official policies regarding program review are detailed in the attached policy documents from the University of Hawaii Community Colleges System Office. The main document (5.202-1) is also followed by attachments 1a (annual program review) and 1b (multi-year comprehensive program review).
UH CC Program Review Policies
- 5.202-1 (University of Hawaii Community Colleges Policy UHCCP #5.202)
- UHCC Official Policy 5.202-1 – Program Review
- Attachment 1.a (University of Hawaii Community Colleges Annual Instructional Program Review Procedures, Components, and Measures)
- Attachment 1.b (University of Hawaii Community Colleges Instructional Program Review Procedures and Measures)
Kapiolani CC Program Review Policies
Other useful documents
- Rubric: ACCJC/WASC Program_Review (August 15, 2012)
- Rubric: ACCJCWASC Program_Review_Rubric (May_8_2012)
- Institutional Improvement Matrix (effective August 8, 2012)
- Institutional Improvement Matrix (effective June 2012)
- Institutional Improvement Matrix (effective March 2012)
Program Review at Kapiolani
At Kapi’olani Community College, program review policy involves two components; 1) Annual Review of Program Data (ARPD); 2) Three Year Comprehensive Program Review (CPR).
- Annual Report of Program Data (ARPD)
- List of comprehensive instructional program review by department
- Evaluation of Comprehensive Program Review at Kapiolani CC (graphics)
Comprehensive Program Review
Current Draft (2016-2019)
Academic Support Services
- Library and Learning Resources
- CELTT – Center for Excellence in Learning, Teaching and Technology
Administrative Support Units
- OFIE Comprehensive Program Review
- OFIE – Office for Institutional Effectiveness (2013 archive)
- Office for International Affairs
- Counseling Learning Assessment – Honda International Center
Career & Technical Education
- Information Technology
- Counseling Learning Assessment – Business, Legal, Technology
- Culinary Arts
- Counseling Learning Assessment – Culinary Arts
- Counseling Learning Assessment – Hospitality
- Dental Assisting
- EMS – Emergency Medical Services
- Medical Assisting
- Medical Laboratory Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Practical Nursing Program
- Radiologic Technology Program
- Respiratory Care
- Counseling Learning Assessment – NursingHealthSciEMS
*hard copies available by request in OFIE – firstname.lastname@example.org; submitted documents for successful program accreditation
Arts & Sciences
- Liberal Arts
- Natural Sciences
- New Media Arts
- Counseling Learning Assessment – Maida Kamber Center
Student Support Services
In the period 2006-2009, the ARPD’s and CPRs were used to inform Tactical Planning for improvement. The ARPD is the College’s anchor assessment and evaluation tool in its overall institutional improvement system. Effective 2013, tactical action plans have been incorporated into the comprehensive program review, and continue to enable programs to identify Strategic Plan outcomes and measures they will help the College achieve. Click here to read more about program review at Kapiolani CC
2009 – 2012 Tactical Planning Process
With OFIE support, each department develops and executes a tactical plan, which is developed with input from the dean, department chair and faculty & staff. As each department executes their tactical plan, it accelerates the overall success of their respective programs, and the achievement of KCC Strategic Plan goals.
To see how tactical planning aligns with other institutional improvement processes, please view the Institutional Improvement Matrix documents below.
Dissemination to Faculty and Staff
Throughout AY 2009-2010, unit heads of every department at KCC presented their tactical plans to the Policy, Planning and Assessment Council (PPAC) for feedback from their peers. This input from faculty, staff and students were taken into consideration, and in many cases integrated into the final versions of the department tactical plans. Please click on the links below for examples of KCC department tactical plan presentations.
An example of a PPAC presentation may be found below:
Office for Institutional Effectiveness (Power Point presentation)
KCC Department Tactical Plan Reports Spring 2012
Please click on any of the links below to review the final version of the department tactical plans.
** previous versions of the KCC department tactical plans are available on Quill in the tactical plan section.
*** Office for International Affairs Tactical Plan Updates for 2011 and 2012 are available in hard copy at the Honda International Center, Iliahi 107 and OFIE, Ilima 203